Whiteville Primary School
805 Barbcrest Ave. Whiteville, NC 28472
WCS Re-Entry Plan
Good Morning! Governor Cooper made the announcement that schools are able to start back this fall on Plan B and we will be so excited to see our students back- even if it's only half of them at one time!!
Here is Whiteville City School's Plan:
Back to School: Plan B
Last Name A- L: Physically attend school Monday and Tuesday. Virtually attend school Wednesday, Thursday,and Friday.
Last Name M-Z: Virtually attend school Monday, Tuesday, & Wednesday. Physically attend school Thursday and Friday.
On days in which students participate virtually, it shall be expected that students fully participate. Students shall log on at the start of the school day and remain actively engaged throughout the day. Attendance will be taken daily and/or by class period.
All students will participate on Plan B according to the above stated schedule for the first 10 days of school (Aug 17-Aug 28). The first 10 days of school will be used by teachers to orient students to classroom expectations, routines, and usage of technology.
Parents can opt for their student(s) to be fully online utilizing Plan C (100% Virtual) after August 28th. Parents wishing to choose Plan C (100% Virtual), please complete the form below to indicate your preference following the 10-day period.
Plan C Form:
Our district leaders have been working hard to get everything in place for students and staff to be very safe on the days they are on campus. Hand sanitizer, PPE, and many other safety items have been purchased. All staff and students will be provided masks and will wear them throughout the day. School schedules and rooms are being rearranged to allow for social distancing.
Stay tuned for more information to come out in the coming weeks and let us know any questions you have in the meantime!
A QUicK Message to our Little people ...........
WPS staff joined together to send some encouraging words to our students.
Meal Options for families
Families who need help finding meals for their children ages 18 and younger can text FOODNC to 877-877 to locate nearby free meal sites. The texting service is also available in Spanish by texting COMIDA to 877-877.
After entering their address, families will receive a text with the location and serving times for nearby pick-up and drive-thru meal sites while schools are closed. Sites have been set up across the state with school and community partners.
Yearbooks are on sale - online
WPS will have yearbooks available for online sales at this time for the 2019-2020 school year. Order online at strawbridge.net
Online Code - YB111627
Yearbooks are $15.00 and the plastic covers are $1. Plastic covers will be available for purchase after we are back in school.
Please take this opportunity to help your child enjoy our memories of this school year.
Whiteville Primary School – Take Home Technology(Literacy, Math, and other exciting learning opportunities)
Please take advantage of our online programs supporting literacy and math. Please find log-in instructions below:
1. Visit the site > www.clever.com
2. Select Our School District > Whiteville City Schools or Whiteville Primary School
3. Username > Student Lunch Number
4. Password > paws (all lowercase)
Allow students 25 minutes(per week, if not more) on each area of Imagine Math and Imagine Language & Literacy.
*If you are using a tablet (ex. Ipad), you will need to download Imagine Learning app and Clever app. Then you will go through the Clever app to log in. (do not use Imagine Learning App to log in, it just has to be on the device to allow the program to operate.)
**If you are not using an Apple product, Clever may not work. Please follow the directions below:
1. Download Imagine Learning App or go to imaginelearning.com
2. Select log in. Select Language and Literacy or Math.
3. Enter Student User Name and Password > Lunch Number (for both)
4. Enter Site Code: 3704920
1. Visit the site > www.rhdiscovery.com
2. Type our site id: WHCS
3. User name >kindergarten students will log in using their first name
>1st and 2nd grade will use their student lunch number
There is no password. Program will prompt by asking is this…..<child’s name>…click the yes or no. Allow students 15 – 20 minutes per week. This program generally runs along with teacher lessons.
Facebook Live Events:
· 3:00pm M-F Home Safari featuring animals at the Cincinnati Zoo & Botanical Garden
· 12:00pm M-F Art Lessons using any supplies you have at home with Artist at Heart Paint Party
There are free books available at our Little Libraries throughout Whiteville. They are located at Whiteville Primary School(in the car rider drop-off area near the end of the awning(small white box), Dream Center, NC Museum of Science, and Health Department.
· Scholastic Learn from Home - https://classroommagazines.scholastic.com/support/learnathome.html
· Switcheroo Zoo(watch, listen and play games to learn about animals) – www.switcheroozoo.com
· Fun Brain(play games while practicing math and reading skills) – www.funbrain.com
· Highlight Kids(read, play games, and conduct cool science experiments) – www.highlightskids.com
· Storyline Online(have some of your favorite stories read to you by movie stars) – www.stroylineonline.net
· Nat Geo for Kids(learn about geography and fascinating animals) – www.kids.nationalgeographic.com
· Into the Book(go “into the book ” to play games that practice reading strategies) - www.reading.ecb.org
· Star Fall(Practice your phonics skills with these read-along stories) – www.starfall.com
· ABC Ya(practice math and reading skills all while playing fun games) – www.abcya.com
· Please use these websites for some fun physical activity while you are at home. Also, remember to eat healthy, drink water, and stay active! -https://family.gonoodle.com/?disable_redirect=true (Dancing, games, exercises)
· Musical activities will be housed on Mrs. Fletcher's teacher website: Access and ideas can be found here: https://sites.google.com/a/whiteville.k12.nc.us/music-at-wps/ under Lessons and Notes.
· PK – Things to explore on Youtube – Letterland, Jack Hartmann, Dr. Jean and Mickey Mouse Clubhouse
MTSS Recognition for MODEL School -
Congratulations are in order!!!!!! Whiteville Primary School was recently recognized as a Model School for the MTSS Implementation Recognition. Whiteville Primary School is one of 27 schools who met this qualification.
Spirit Week - October 14 -18
Next week, WCS will celebrate SPIRIT WEEK. Whiteville Primary will participate with the following activities:
Monday, October 14 - America Day - Students may wear RED, WHITE and/or BLUE(in uniform)
Tuesday, October 15 - Dress as your favorite movie or book character
Wednesday, October 16 - Western Day-students may dress om western garb including jeans(no jeans if not in western themed day)
Thursday, October 17 - Favorite Sports Team - students dress in college or professional sports team apparel
Friday, October 18 - Pack Pride and SPirit Day - students dress in school colors/t-shirts to promote wolfpack pride
Whiteville Primary School PTA Family BINGO Night
Friday, September 20th
5:30 - doors open
6:00 - Event begins
Last day to turn in your order form will be Friday, September, 13.
School Shirts and Book bags
Parents and Guardians:
The last day to purchase a "Spirit" shirt and book bag will be Friday, August 30, 2019.
Immunization, NC Health Transmittal Form, and Health Physical Requirements
Parents and Guardians:
Th NC general statute requires immunizations for every student present in this state. In addition, ALL pk and kindergarten are required to have a health physical.
All students new to the NC school system are required to have a NC Health Transmittal form completed.
Everyone is given 30 calendar days to comply with these requirements. Students who do not meet this requirement by September 10, 2019 will be excluded from school.
Letters went home TODAY for students missing any of the above mentioned items.
Please contact your primary health care provider to schedule an appointment as soon as possible to any of the necessary items mentioned.
Thank you for understanding and for your prompt cooperation in getting this done.
Should you have questions, Please contact Nurse JoJo at 9106424119.
Box Top Collecting
Parents see the the link below regarding how we collect BOX TOPS this year.
W.P.S. 2019 - 2020
Meet the Teacher
Please join our staff for Meet the Teacher on August 8th from 3:00 p.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Class lists will be posted 30 minutes prior to the event.