Whiteville Primary School
805 Barbcrest Ave. Whiteville, NC 28472
THANK YOU CAR RIDER PARENTS!!!!!!!
AM Car Rider parents....YOU ROCK! This morning's AM car rider change went very well. Thank you for your patience with us as we continue to try to improve our process.
Immunization, NC Health Transmittal Form, and Health Physical Requirements
Parents and Guardians:
Th NC general statute requires immunizations for every student present in this state. In addition, ALL pk and kindergarten are required to have a health physical.
All students new to the NC school system are required to have a NC Health Transmittal form completed.
Everyone is given 30 calendar days to comply with these requirements. Students who do not meet this requirement by September 22, 2021 will be excluded from school.
Letters went home TODAY for students missing any of the above mentioned items.
Please contact your primary health care provider to schedule an appointment as soon as possible to any of the necessary items mentioned.
Thank you for understanding and for your prompt cooperation in getting this done.
Should you have questions, Please contact Nurse JoJo at 9106424119.
Official screen-printed Whiteville Primary spirit shirts are currently available for purchase. Please help our PTA raise funding to make our AMAZING school even more AMAZING!!!!
2021-2022 Meet The Teacher/Staff
Whiteville Primary School will host Meet the Teacher on Thursday, August 19th from 10:00 -2:00. Homeroom postcards will be mailed out next week prior to the event. Class lists will be posted 30 minutes prior to the start. We ask that parents and students do not arrive prior to the 10:00 start time or after the 2:00 end.
All visitors are to wear a mask while on campus and physically distance themselves. This is a drop in event. We ask that parent(s) and WPS students only visit during the event and not extended family members.
See you soon!
2021-2022 School Supply List
Title One Parent SUrvey
The Title One Parent survey is now available for parents(Spanish and English) to complete via this link:
Whiteville Primary School – Take Home Technology(Literacy, Math, and other exciting learning opportunities)
1. Visit the site > www.rhdiscovery.com
2. Type our site id: WHCS
3. User name >kindergarten students will log in using their first name
>1st and 2nd grade will use their student lunch number
There is no password. Program will prompt by asking is this…..<child’s name>…click the yes or no. Allow students 15 – 20 minutes per week. This program generally runs along with teacher lessons.
Facebook Live Events:
· 3:00pm M-F Home Safari featuring animals at the Cincinnati Zoo & Botanical Garden
· 12:00pm M-F Art Lessons using any supplies you have at home with Artist at Heart Paint Party
There are free books available at our Little Libraries throughout Whiteville. They are located at Whiteville Primary School(in the car rider drop-off area near the end of the awning(small white box), Dream Center, NC Museum of Science, and Health Department.
· Scholastic Learn from Home - https://classroommagazines.scholastic.com/support/learnathome.html
· Switcheroo Zoo(watch, listen and play games to learn about animals) – www.switcheroozoo.com
· Fun Brain(play games while practicing math and reading skills) – www.funbrain.com
· Highlight Kids(read, play games, and conduct cool science experiments) – www.highlightskids.com
· Storyline Online(have some of your favorite stories read to you by movie stars) – www.stroylineonline.net
· Nat Geo for Kids(learn about geography and fascinating animals) – www.kids.nationalgeographic.com
· Into the Book(go “into the book ” to play games that practice reading strategies) - www.reading.ecb.org
· Star Fall(Practice your phonics skills with these read-along stories) – www.starfall.com
· ABC Ya(practice math and reading skills all while playing fun games) – www.abcya.com
· Please use these websites for some fun physical activity while you are at home. Also, remember to eat healthy, drink water, and stay active! -https://family.gonoodle.com/?disable_redirect=true (Dancing, games, exercises)
· Musical activities will be housed on Mrs. Fletcher's teacher website: Access and ideas can be found here: https://sites.google.com/a/whiteville.k12.nc.us/music-at-wps/ under Lessons and Notes.
· PK – Things to explore on Youtube – Letterland, Jack Hartmann, Dr. Jean and Mickey Mouse Clubhouse
MTSS Recognition for MODEL School -
Congratulations are in order!!!!!! Whiteville Primary School was recently recognized as a Model School for the MTSS Implementation Recognition. Whiteville Primary School is one of 27 schools who met this qualification.
Box Top Collecting
Parents see the the link below regarding how we collect BOX TOPS this year.